Christmas is a festive season for making merry and cosying up with family and loved ones. On top of the outdoor Christmas revelry you’ll end up doing, you’ll also spend a fair bit of quality time indoors in family gatherings, sleepovers and movie nights, for example.
In the spirit of spreading warmth and joy, this article looks into various ways you can keep your home, your loved ones and yourself nice and comfy throughout the holiday season.
Christmas home gatherings
Be it your own home or your parents’, a few decorative touches are all you need to evoke that warm Christmassy feel for guests and family – and perhaps a few more touches to get the home looking even more comfy.
Cosy Christmas décor ideas
- Chic white lanterns, red berries and wreaths set a rustic tone to your home
- Consider lining your sofas, chairs and benches with sheepskins or woolly blankets
- Decorate your dining table with candles and green foliage for a simple, yet classic look
- Even coffee tables can get festive with tealights in jars or trays, together with some reindeer or snowman ornaments
Do you have a mattress at home (or at your parents’ home) that is hard and uncomfortable? There’s no need to replace the entire mattress, especially if it’s new. A topper can easily plush up an existing mattress, adding oodles of comfort and luxury? Read up about latex toppers here.
Sleepovers are a great idea for parents with children – as parents get to enjoy a great evening of food, entertainment and conversation, while children get to hang out with their friends the entire night.
Before hopping over to your friends’ place with your kids though, be sure that you’re packed and ready for the evening – nothing derails a sleepover more quickly than a lack of “through the night” essentials.
- For comfort: Pillow, sleeping bag
- For staying in touch: Mobile phone and charger
- For hygiene: Toiletry bag, towel, toothbrush, toothpaste and facial wash
- For wearing: Fresh clothes, socks
- For fun: Entertainment (cards, video games, etc.)
- For nourishment: Snacks and drinks
- Medication: If needed
For an extra comfortable and memorable sleepover, get a Travel Pillow for your child and loved ones. It offers the same luxurious feel of a Sofzsleep latex pillow, but in a travel size. Ideals for chalet stays and holidays too.
Family movie nights
Pillows and bolsters are not merely bedroom companions. They’re also useful for hugging during your home movie screening – or for covering up your eyes during those scary or heart-breaking scenes. Here are our Christmas favourites. Time to grab your popcorn (and pillow)!
Christmas movie recommendations
- Home Alone (1990)
- Polar Express (2004)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
- Joyeux Noël (2006)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- Elf (2003)
There’s a pillow for everyone – for all ages and needs. Read this to find out about arc pillows, junior pillows, baby donuts, and more.