Excellent pressure distribution with well-rounded baby head support.
Sofzsleep’s BABY DONUT pillow features a specially moulded concave centre design that helps prevent flat head syndrome (Positional Plagiocephaly) in babies and infants by relieving pressure on the head and neck muscles. The BABY DONUT is perfectly baby-friendly and toxic-free as it is made from Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 and EuroLatex Eco certified pure natural latex. It comes with a luxurious bamboo fibre cover which is 4 times more breathable than cotton fabric.
- Arc-shaped concave design ensures optimal angle for baby’s neck.
- Natural skin-friendly bamboo cover ideal for babies with sensitive skin.
- Maximal airflow ensures your baby stays cool and comfortable.
*Please use under adult supervision*
• Firmness: Medium
• Size: 29 x 25 x 5 cm (11.5″ x 10″ x 2″) – recommended for babies and infants from 3 – 24 months.
• The crater in the centre of the pillow reduces the pressure of a flat surface on a baby’s soft head.
• Reduce chances of baby’s skull to ‘flatten’ due to prolonged period on a ‘back rest’ position.
• Helps to develop a nice rounded head for babies and aids in the prevention of Plagiocephaly.
• Made with Oekotex® and Eurolatex certified natural latex, toxic-free with no formaldehyde.
• No off-gassing of noxious fumes.
• Natural bamboo pillow cover with anti-bacterial and antifungal properties with superb breathability is ideal for babies with sensitive skin or allergies.
• Swiss antimicrobial Sanitized® treatment prevents the development of moulds, dust mites and fungi that could result in spots and odors.
• Easily removable cover for cleaning.
Preventing Flat Head Syndrome (Positional Plagiocephaly)
• A baby’s skull is made of soft, malleable bones, and prolonged sleeping on its back can lead to a flattening of the back of the head. Generally, the flat head syndrome condition will correct itself over time.
• Parents can also gently change the position of the baby’s head so that the flattened side is facing up.
• For longer periods of sleeping or naptime, it is important to support your baby’s head with a good and well-designed baby pillow.
What are the benefits of using a Baby Pillow?
• Arc-shaped contour adapts to baby’s head shape while providing optimum head and ergonomic neck support.
• Besides allowing head mobility, this helps babies to build up neck muscles over time.
• Improved blood circulation by using a baby pillow with the right softness and height (at least 3cm, adjusted gradually as baby develops). A baby’s brain development relies heavily on blood circulation and a baby pillow ensures adequate movement of blood to the brain and developing body organs.
• Even temperature distribution around the head allows babies to feel cooler and sleep longer. Sofzsleep’s Baby Donut Pillow is made of certified pure natural latex that is breathable for better air circulation and allows for maximal airflow ventilation to avoid trapped heat.
• Our premium natural latex and bamboo yarn are made in Belgium.
• Mattress comes with luxurious Bamboo fibre cover.
• Each latex layer is well protected with inner cotton cover.
• Bamboo has an unique natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and odour resistant fibre. Our bamboo cover has more than 45% natural fibre.
• Sanitized® treatment helps to prevent the development of moulds, dust mites and fungi.
• Bamboo fibre fabric is 4 times more permeability than cotton fabric.
• Our pillow/bolster is made with 100% pure latex, without any polyurethane foam, coconut sheets or metal springs.
• Sometimes the pillow/bolster has a noticeable smell when you open the packaging. The smell isn’t harmful or toxic and disappears over time.
• Airing and vacuuming the pillow/bolster helps to eliminate the smell faster.
• Keep latex pillow/bolster away from direct sunlight.
• Care instructions for Bamboo cover
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not soak
- Do not bleach
- Do not iron
- Dry Clean
- Machine wash below 30℃ on a delicate setting; shrinkage may occur
• To prolong the pillow’s life, you can consider getting a pillow protector or extra pillow cover.
• Generally, pillows should be changed every two to three years for hygiene reasons.
• Latex pillows are more durable than other types (polyester, for example), maintaining support for longer without a reduction in comfort.
All Sofzsleep products are certified to be non-toxic and free from formaldehyde, Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PDBEs), chemical flame retardants, organic tin compound and other toxic chemicals.
Most pillows of this price range don’t fit well. Either too thick or the indentation simply don’t hold baby’s head properly. This one works well after many trial and errors with various brands. Highly recommended for babies 1 or 2m and older.
Initially bought the toddler size for my kid and I find that she sleeps quite well. Decided to buy this for my 4 months old baby. He sleeps quite well in this too, but like other mummies commented, baby does slides down after a while if he keeps moving while on the pillow. But I think this is a common problem with such pillows as I’ve used other brands and baby does slides off the pillow if he moves too much. Overall a good buy since he does sleep well with it.